How to Choose Party Bags for Mixed Age Groups.
We are frequently asked for help with parties with a mixed age range. This is more relevant for parties during the school holidays as guests may have another sibling with them. The school holidays also make it easier for family and friends to visit. Our children’s parties always have a mixed age range thanks to relatives so this is how I approach the issue.
- Know your budget for each party bag, if you have very young children or babies you can spend less, you may want to spend more on older children…or not! If you set a budget it keeps you focused and saves you getting too carried away as you spend more time finalising your party bags.
- Roughly separate your guests into different age groups. This will depend on how wide the age range is at your party. If everyone is between say 4 and 8 years old you may want just two groups, say 4 & 5-year-olds then 6 to 8 years old. If the age range is baby to teenager years you may have 4 or 5 groups.
- Now you have your age ranges consider the theme of the party. Are you having a themed party you are trying to work around? If your party has a theme you may want a few relevant gifts for every age group to take home. You may not have a theme but have a mix of nursery or school friends and friends from social activities. If you can easily identify a group or theme you may want for some or all of your guests it is worth noting this down against the relevant group/s. This helps when you are choosing items for your party bag gifts. A few core items in most party bags this will make your job a little easier.
- Are you planning to provide the same gifts to the girls and boys? If you are planning to provide some or all different gifts for girls and boys, you will need to note how many girls and boys you have in each age group.
- Do you intend to provide some or mostly all of the same gifts for all age groups and genders? Or, are you after a variety of gifts for each age groups and gender?
It is easier to combine age groups and gifts for seasonal celebrations such as Christmas, Halloween and Easter when children are bombarded with acceptable cute (or not so cute) images as part of the celebrations. Birthdays are harder, ideas may have already been formed parties your guests have recently attended.
A Christmas themed pre-filled party bag, only £1 each
6. Now it is time to start to choose your party bag gifts. Pre-filled party bags are a quick way to buy your party bag gifts at a reduced price, they usually contain generic and popular party gifts suitable for a wide age range. You can always add an extra item or two to make the pre-filled party bag more personal to your guest. Most of our pre-filled party bags are also available as party bag fillers which are just the gifts. This allows you to choose your own party bag. We also have combinations of popular items at reduced prices such as pencils and notebooks, colouring books and colouring items.
A regular review of your list for each age group will ensure you have not duplicated items and may help with ideas if you are struggling.
- It is now time to choose your party bag. If you are busy at the end of the party you will not want to search for your carefully chosen gifts. Labelling party bags or choosing different coloured party bags and designs can help in a speedy identification.